Conference Centre Booking Terms
Welcome and thank you for choosing the South Gippsland Trade Skills Alliance Conference Centre.
The following information is provided to assist you with booking the facilities at the Conference Centre.
The office hours are 8:30am – 4.00 pm for all enquiries.
At Leongatha we have kitchen facilities for use with the hire of the room and contact details for outside catering are available.
Please note that in accordance with government guidelines, SGTSA is a non-smoking venue.
We trust you enjoy your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment is required at the time of billing or by arrangement. Current rates are listed on the booking form.
- If venue hire is to take place outside of normal office hours 8:30 am – 4.00 pm Monday to Friday, a key must be collected and signed for by the contact person / facilitator for the venue before the reception area closes at 4:00 PM. Keys can be placed in the key drop box or as directed immediately after leaving and locking the premises.
- Please allow enough time to arrange and replace furniture as found and ensure that where crockery and cutlery have been used, it is stacked in the dishwasher provided. Disposable items are to be placed in rubbish bags/bins provided. Please leave kitchen clean and tidy.
- Proper use and care of venue equipment must be considered at all times. Breakages, damage or equipment malfunction must be reported to Reception.
- Equipment must be returned on time with all parts and contents intact. The Hirer is responsible for the safe storage and transport of equipment.
- On departure, please ensure that lights/heathers/coolers are turned off and that doors, particular exterior are locked.
- Our insurance policy covers goods owned by SGTSA; therefore clients need to maintain insurance for their own goods.
- The onus regarding insurance over risks for activities rests with the hirer. SGTSA will not be responsible for injury to any person or damage to property belonging to the hirer.
- To avoid a late cancellation fee please ensure 48 hours’ notice is provided if you are required to cancel your booking.
- Bookings should be made 14 days in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Please keep in mind that while SGTSA may have staff to assist with directions you are required to supervise your own expected visitors, appointments etc.
- If using the video conferencing facilities or other available equipment user guides are available. If you think you may need assistance with booking video conferences please let us know when making your booking.
- A bond of $100 is payable for all room hire events that extend out of SGTSA operational hours of 8:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. This bond will be refunded on return of the key and the rooms and equipment being left clean and in good repair. Any damage or cost of repair beyond $100 will be charged to the hirer.
A fee will be incurred if conditions of venue hire are not met and the hirer is responsible for any damage or loss of equipment.
If you default in making payment and debt recovery and/or legal action is undertaken, you will be responsible for all expenses in relation to the collection of the outstanding amount including, but not limited to, all fees and charges, legal costs on an indemnity basis and disbursements.
Venue Closing Procedure
SGTSA staff will provide you with directions on how to lock up if you are utilising the facilities after hours.
If you are the last to leave the building, please ensure the following:
- Turn off all lights/heaters/coolers.
- Check and lock all doors.